Off and on, this kid decides he's not to have his bum messed with-ever. He can get pretty assertive about it. Sigh. It's pretty annoying, if you ask me. We've tried all sorts of approaches to try to resolve the situation, but almost inevitably, it ends up being a muscle our way through it ordeal.
Rudy, for his part, has tried all sorts of ways to help us understand we have no business changing him. Most of his efforts are just plain obnoxious, but this evening, he came up with a pretty hilarious solution: to get 'stuck'.
Thank goodness for that burst of humor to get us through the next few kicking, screaming and hissing diaper changing episodes!
4 comments:
I love it! Rudy is a funny guy. I think he might need a tassel for his room. He'd probably appreciate it. (haha). :)
I can't believe you have that fabric! Well, I guess I can, but that's cool. We MUST be friends. After we got that fabric, I informed Jeremy that if we ever had "formal dining room" in addition to a normal dining room, I thought it would be a good thing if we made it a Japanese room and had one of those low down tables that you kneel at instead of a stuffy formal table. He wasn't surprised, which is a good thing. :)
You're going to tax my sewing lingo here, but the bibs were made with the vinyl tablecloth material on the bolts in the back of JoAnns, but not the vinyl with the fuzzy, cottony back. I picked black for ours. Then Mom just used bias(?) tape around the edges and we punched snaps into them. Honestly, I'd check your local Walmart to see if they have the bibs that I couldn't find anymore because I think it would be a lot cheaper than making them, although I thought they turned out looking pretty darn cool.
And I love your fish tank too. How has Rudy done with Rufus? Jeremy really wants to get a pet, and I don't want a dog (EVER - or at least not while I have small children) and am afraid the boys will squash a cat to death with love....have you had any gut squishing problems?
I think he definately would appreciate a tassle. He'd probably walk in and say, "What's that? It so Ceeeuuuute!"
I think I will look in walmart for those bibs (as much as I HATE the idea of shopping at the ultimate small business leech). My babysitting kiddo has one, so it must be accessible somewhere.
No gut squishing issues here. One big tip is to make sure you get a cat with all his/her claws and keep it that way. Claws go a long way in establishing respectful boundaries. :) Also, I highly recommend adopting a young adult cat (between 1 and 2 years old. That way you really know what you're getting, the cat's over the obnoxious kitten stage, and big enough to fend for itself. I'd do it off KSL or something where you can adopt directly from the owner and get the low down on the cat's tempermant with kids. Because as much as you want the cat to be able to stick up for himself, you don't want him shredding your kids, either. :) Anyway. Cats are great. And if you get the right one, they're great with kids of all ages. And WAY less time and money than a dog. :)
Sunshine's kinda started into this too. If I ever ask her if she's poopy (our universal word for wet or poopy) she runs away from me. Fortunately if I leave her alone, and wait for her to tell me herself, she's happy to get her diaper changed. Sometimes that ends up being a little while though. It looks like with Rudy it might indeed be all day if you tried that approach.
I still think it's hilarious that he hisses at you. (hilarious in print-NOT true life.)
Hissing is actually pretty hilarious in real life, too. If it wasn't accompanied by kicking, I'd probably relish the diaper changing challenge. :)
Post a Comment