After running an errand, I had planned on taking Rudy to a near by park. On the way, we strolled past a party store. "What the heck," I thought, "I'm going to take Rudy in. Either we'll both have fun, or we'll both hate it 'cause he'll be outta control. If we hate it, we can head on to the park, but if we like it, we'll enjoy some free air conditioning!" So in we went. And fun we had.
The Party King, Rudy. A stern, wise, and eclectic ruler.
We spent a lot of time at the bulk cheap-o party favors bins. Rudy loved collecting a handful or two, and then sorting them back into the right bins. And opening and shutting the lids, of course. I loved holding those cheap plastic toys and remembering back to my childhood visits to US Toy- a warehouse full of toys like this. I used to LOVE going there, 'cause I could bring a quarter, spend an hour, and come home with 3 totally 'awesome' toys. Each would quickly get lost, broken, or forgotten, but for 25 cents, who cares?




2 comments:
what a fun mommy you are! good idea! I love it when the store itself is entertainment, not just the toys. And when you are not in such a hurry that you can't stop by a random store on a whim and play for a little while.
Mo - I seriously think you have to be the most fun mom EVER. Seriously. Rudy is going to be a rockin' awesome dad when he grows up. :)
Post a Comment