Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Oma!

My grandma (I call her Oma) turned 80 on June 18th. Her daughter, MaryBeth, threw her a great open house party. Here's a few shots of the fun, courtesy of MaryBeth and the photographer who so nicely recorded the event:
Oma and Rudy. He was just warming up to being in a house swarming with people.
Two lovely ladies, Heidi and Oma.

Me trying to convince my fruit bat (his cheeks are stuffed with grapes) to have a little cheese to compliment his meal. He wasn't interested.
Chatting it up with cousins Nick and Madeline. When I saw Rudy's face in this photo, I was time warped back to the days when I practically died of boredom as my parents socialized. :)
I love to see Opa (my grandpa) in action at social events such as these. Typically, he's a very quiet man. VERY quiet. But at events like these, he's a great conversationalist. Something I really admire about Opa's conversations: they're intelligent. He talks about issues, not petty things like the latest gossip, TV show, or scandal. And he does plenty of listening.
Rudy followed the photographer all around. (He had a cool gadget.)
MaryBeth and one of her beautiful daughters, Madeline. Thanks so much for throwing such a fun and delightful party for Oma!

No comments: