Thursday, September 24, 2009

Humiliation Averted


Don't you love it when you know you could have been absolutely humiliated, but as things turned out, you're none the worse for whatever happened?

So, I was at the park yesterday morning. It was a rare morning when no one else was out with their kids yet. Rudy and I were swinging our guts out, hooting and hollering with the exhilaration of it all, when I heard a Rrrrip and suddenly my bum felt more breeze than it's used to feeling.

I hopped off the swing to find my pants had ripped almost from the waistband to the crotch. Yikes! Lucky for me, it was a bit of a cool morning, so I was wearing a sweater over my T-shirt. Soon enough, the sweater was tied around my waist, and Rudy and I finished our play time at the park.

Whew! Thank goodness for that sweater. It would have been a humiliatingly long walk home with my underwear flapping in the wind for everyone to see!

1 comment:

Kat Curtis said...

You ripped your pants! Haha! I mean, sorry. :) Thanks for the laugh - I needed that.