Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Maybe he's teething...

Ever since Rudy was about 3 months old, teething has been the fall back excuse as to why he's doing something (anything) out of the ordinary. Jason and I have been absolutely convinced he's teething so many different times that it's become a family joke. (If I'm having a frumpy mood day, Jason may venture to say, "maybe you're teething" which usually results in either a laugh or a stink eye. Usually a laugh.) Well, today is the day of all days: at almost ten months old, Rudy has pushed his first tooth past the gum barrier! It's his bottom right front tooth, and it's just BARELY peeking through. When it's easier to see with the naked eye, I'll snap a shot of it and post it up. I guess I gotta start brushing his tooth or something, huh? My little man's growing up so quick! I'm mostly stoked about his progression, but with this milestone, I'm a bit apprehensive about the fate of some particularly sensitive parts of my body. He better not turn cannibal or weaning may become a top priority in this house!

image added 12/22/08. Now he's finally working on a second tooth, but that one is in the microscopic stage now.

No comments: