So, I'm publishing this post for Kat, and 'cause I think it'd be fun to take a moment and ponder on my eccentricities. Pretty much everyone else I know that blogs has been tagged, so, I don't tag anyone else, unless of course, you'd like to elaborate on your quirks...I know that most of us have way more than 8!
1. If I ever hear a new name, I try it out in my head for one of my future children's names. Even if it's a name like Bobisita or Lazarus and there's no way I'd go through with it. I just try it out. I'm constantly on the look out for children's names. Maybe I'm gonna have sextuplets next or something and I'm unconsciously preparing myself with plenty of name ideas. :)
2. I cart surf and don't try to contain myself. Once in a while, I think, "come on, Maria, you're 27 and a mother...be RESPONSIBLE!!!" But then I think to myself, "You're responsible about so many other things, let 'er rip, baby!" And Rudy and I go flying through the parking lot. (I do keep an eye out for traffic, lest anyone feel the need to add my or Rudy's safety to their prayers tonight.)
3. I'm afraid of the dark. Used to be deathly afraid. I'm getting better. Now the only thing I absolutely CANNOT handle is looking into a mirror in the dark. EEEEK! It's an anxiety that is hanging on from sleep over ghost stories when I was like, 10 years old. Maybe some day I'll grow up, but in the mean time, it's Jason's job to tell Rudy there's no monsters in his room.
4. I lean back on my chairs. Jason's says I'm ruining the chairs, but I just can't help myself. I do it and don't even realize it.
5. I have food obsessions. I'll eat the same thing over and over again (at least daily, sometimes a couple times a day) until I'm totally burnt out on them. Then I move on to a new one. It's been cottage cheese, yogurt and oats, scrambled eggs, tuna pasta, Grape Nuts, etc. Right now it's pancakes, though I'm thinking I'll be done with them soon.
6. I am always barefoot in the summer. If I'm wearing shoes, I slip out of them when ever I can (standing in line, sitting in church, etc.) In the winter, I'm always in socks-my feet get freezing! Which leads me to my next quirk...
7. Jason jokes that I only have one ventricle because we read one day about how turtles or some other cold blooded thing only has one ventricle. I get cold really easily (if I drink ice water in the summer, I get goose bumps), so Jason says I'm cold blooded (but warm hearted) :) Lucky for me, he's always hot, so I've got an eternal space heater at my side. :)
8. Dirty ears are a pet peeve of mine. I clean my ears every day, and I check Rudy's ear for any sign of grime or wax every time I nurse him.
TA DA! Maria's nuttiness in a nutshell. :)
2 comments:
Thanks Maria! We'll have to go cart surfing sometime together - employees can't stop us if we band together!! Can you imagine a poor employee trying to stop a group of cart surfing moms? Mwa ha ha. :)
All of our chairs creek because I lean back in them. I finally had to try and kick the habit when I was in a primary presidency, sitting in front of all of the children. I decided I couldn't tell them to keep the chair feet on the ground and then plop myself back on my seat and lean back. Oh well.
By the way, do you still have your claustrophobic foot?
not so much...I think my other foot caught up the the first claustrophobic foot during pregnancy...now they're happily claustrophobic together. :)
(I used to go around with just one shoe/sock on for those who did not know me in my younger years.)
Post a Comment