The changing seasons serve as a reminder to me that nothing's permanent; in fact most things are fleeting in the grand scheme of things. Rudy is growing so fast! Almost every mother of a child older than Rudy has told me he would be grown before I know it, but somehow, it still surprises me. :)
Here's just a few pictures from this weekend.
It snowed for the first time today. It didn't stick, but still...SNOW! Vati, the family ski fanatic, must be giddy with joy at the first sign of winter. I'm excited, I guess. It took us almost ten minutes to be ready to go outside this morning. Gone are the days of simply heading out the door to enjoy the great outdoors. When I was working at Soldier's Hollow during the Olympics, a Norwegian spectator told me, "There's no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing". This will have to become my mantra for the upcoming winter.
Rudy bestowing his approval upon a pumpkin almost his size. (Sorry baby, we can't spend $25 on a vegetable we're not even going to eat!)
Afloat in a sea of nick knacks at the thrift store. I love the expression of authority on Rudy's face. "I am the captian of this ship! Now, lets sail on!"


Over the last week, Rudy's really been focused on communication. He's constantly pointing and babbling all about the world around him. It's a blast! At last, I feel like my conversations with him are not quite so one sided. He can at least say in effect, "hey, look at that motorcycle buzzing by, or that sea gull over head, or that dog on the corner, or that lady with crazy hair and make-up"(at which point I pretend he's pointing and "ga GA GAAing about the candy display behind her ) :) Anyway, its been fun. Sometimes I'm almost convinced he's got a few words down in his head at least. His babbles seem more consistent and pronounced, and are sometimes very close to the real thing when he's pointing to cars (surprise, surprise), dogs, books, and me (yea!). It's probably mostly the "my kid's a genius" mom in me, but hey, you never know! :)





1 comment:
This has been an informative blog reading! I now know how to make grape juice (which I will possibly be brave enough to try someday), learned how you and Jason got engaged, and have a new reason to try to embrace winter clothing instead of be in denial that it's actually cold and still wear my flip-flops and short sleeved shirts. Thanks Mo!
By the way, you've been tagged. If you want to play, scroll down my blog to find the rules (jkcurtis.blogspot.com). If not, that's totally fine, but I'd love to hear what you have to say!
Post a Comment