Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Pregnant?

So, over the weekend and into Monday, I was really tired. At first I just thought I needed to get more sleep. I did, and I was still dragging. I thought to myself, "Man! I haven't been this tired since I was pregnant! ....hmmm." With the pregnancy bug buzzing in my brain, I found all sorts of other symptoms to match my diagnosis; unusual squeamishness, low appetite, minor weight loss. When I told my mom my suspicions, she said she'd just been thinking the same thing after a few comments I'd made earlier in the day. Ha! If both Mutti and my pregnancy radar is going off, it must be true! Mutti and I chatted about how far away in age our children would be as Jason sat hyperventilating in a (luckily) very supportive chair.
Well, I took a test and it turned out negative, plus that very night I developed a fever and threw up. I'd probably just been fighting some bug that had finally gotten the best of me, accounting for my symptoms.
I was actually kind of disappointed, which is surprising to me, because up until now, I've thought I was a million miles away from being ready to be pregnant and go through the whole early infancy insanity again. It's been quite a revealing experience for both of us, I guess. Jason discovered that he is really really, most definitely NOT ready for a second child. I don't blame him--he's the one who's trying to finish school while working full time, being active in his church calling and being the stellar husband and father that he is. I'm just a full time momma, so, the more the merrier, right? (Well, I guess I also work at my church calling and being a stellar wife, but mothering is much more flexible as far as finding time to fit other things in than say, class schedules or work shifts.)
Anyway, post pregnancy test, our splendiferous home is filled with both extreme relief and a growing baby hunger...hopefully the two feelings will settle into some sort of middle ground Jason and I can both be delighted with.

No comments: