ALWAYS BE SURE YOU HAVE A DIAPER READY WHEN CHANGING YOUR BABY!
I got Rudy out of his old diaper before checking to see if any bum geniuses were stuffed for night diapers. Not only were they not stuffed, they were not even in the room. I often let Rudy run around in the nude for moments at a time, so I thought nothing of setting my pink little nudy Rudy down to jaunt about while I tracked down his diapers and got them ready for the night to come. Thus began a series of unfortunate events:
Rudy promptly pees on the rug (and a few books in the vicinity) just below his changing table. I mop up the books and take the rug out to the hall for later washing. I find his diapers, and begin stuffing. Before the first is finished, I hear a strange squirting sound. I turn around and find Rudy has deposited a pile of poo right where the rug used to be. He steps in it. I grab him, and get poo all over myself while trying to keep him from smearing it. I wipe him and myself down with a million wipies, and rip a piece of paper gift bag up to serve as my shovel to remove the main part of the pile off the carpet. I invite Rudy to come see what I'm going to do with his precious poo, hoping to seize an opportunity to teach him where poo goes. We flush the poo "bye bye" and go back to his nursery to complete the stuffing process. (yes, Rudy is still naked-I have a cold and my neurons are firing at the speed of molasses) I get out the spot remover and begin cleaning the poo spot on the carpet. I pick Rudy up for some reason or another, and promptly find myself covered in poo for the second time. I think I must have just missed a smear of poo on him, so I clean him and myself up again. I thoroughly gross myself out when I wipe my drippy nose on the corner of my sleeve and find I have just wiped poop across my FACE! (Now I know why we should ALWAYS use Kleenex, and NEVER use our sleeves to take care of drippy noses) I discover that Rudy has laid another 'egg' and has been tracking little smears of poo all around his bedroom. Of course, the poo is the same color as his carpet, so I have to feel my way around his room to discover the spots. By now, its past his bedtime, I'm stripped down to my underwear (everything else is covered in poo) and Rudy's still naked. I finally get one diaper stuffed and get it on the kid. I remove all poo affected things from his room (which include his usual blankets for the night) I pull out replacement blankets, which luckily suffice, hop into some pj's myself, get Rudy in his pj's and finally get him to bed. I finish the night with a couple loads of laundry and a long shower. Amazingly, I keep my cool through the whole thing and actually see the comedy of it in the moment. As funny as it all was, I'd prefer not to do an encore tonight, so I'm gonna be sure those diapers are ready for my sweet baby's not so sweet bum tonight. :)
2 comments:
Yuck!!!! I have a fit when Ella poops in the tub, I don't know what I'd do in your situation. Way to be a good mom and not freak out!
Luckily, we have not experienced the poop in the tub scenario yet. (knock on wood)
When the time comes, as I know it will, I'll let you know how things went. Funny, sometimes I can be cool as a cucumber, but there's always those other times when I much more resemble lasagna exploded in the microwave than a cucumber-cool or otherwise. :)
Post a Comment