Valentine's Day started out
FANTABULOUS! We had a fun breakfast that Jason made while Rudy and I decorated. Unfortunately, as the day progressed our sick little man just got sicker, and his stressed out mama just got more stressed out. Phooey. Let's just say, if you had absolutely no interaction with me after about 11 am yesterday, count yourself extremely blessed. To the two sweet and wonderful men in my home, I apologize a thousand times. Jason and I agreed to give each other a rain check for a real valentine's date (when we can even go OUT, and when I will not be trying to feel romantic when what I'm really feeling is anxiety over Rudy's increasing cough and fever, exhaustion at the fact that he's not sleeping except on me, and generally overwhelmed trying to be the perfect wife, mother, housekeeper, financial planner, chef, etc.)
whoo. Bad timing that my frothiness over flowed on Valentine's Day, but I'm happy to report that my valentine maintained his sweetness and rode in to save the day with kind understanding, no nonsense pep talking, moose tracks ice cream, and a funny movie to round the evening out. Hooray for my knight in shining armor! I love you, Jason. Thanks for loving me back, even on my batty days. :)
Anyway, back to the
FANTABULOUS part of the day.

The finished product: cute table and scrumptious french toast. Rudy helped by decorating some of the hearts I hung up, and 'supervising' Jason's cooking.

Jason showing Rudy that french toast is delicious.

Rudy's not so sure he's ready to eat. I think he got a bit weirded out by all the fanfare. Usually it's just Rudy and me at breakfast (or any meal, for that matter-Jason is a busy guy!) and we always eat at Rudy's little table. Here he was at a decorated grown up table with both Mama and Daddy, who were a bit more into each other than him. Hmmm. What could he do to get more attention towards HIM? Pushing off the table and tipping back his chair definitely did the trick. (No worries, the tipping never got any further than what you see) :)

By the end of the meal, Rudy had established himself upon my lap, and was enjoying chocolate filled french toast with the rest of us. (Which, by the way, is the most decadent way to eat french toast, and the only acceptable way to eat it on Valentine's Day, which may as well be dubbed Chocolate Day, as much chocolate is consumed on that day.)

I had cut several bite size pieces for Rudy to stab with his fork, but instead, he went for the rest of the piece. A man with ambition!
Ta Da! That was our scrumptious breakfast. My compliments to the cook!
No comments:
Post a Comment