As we were getting ready to head out the door to run a few errands today, I realized that Rudy's hat was chillin' in our car, which was with Jason at work. Well, Rudy needed a hat for sure today, 'cause it was snowy and windy and just all around chilly, so (because I have a rockin' mom in law who gave me a sewing machine for my birthday last year) I sat down to sew Rudy a quick hat out of some fleece remnant I got for free at a garage sale last summer.
Rudy was totally stoked about the pattern: cars. Its the first time that he's ever shown any interest in what he's wearing. Maybe it was also cool to him because he watched me sew it on the machine which makes a very boy friendly whirring sound, but either way, he could hardly wait to put the thing on! It made me feel great to be able to not only provide for my baby's needs, but do so with flourish!
Hooray for sewing machines!
Hooray for free fleece!
Hooray for an excuse to use them both! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment