Friday, February 6, 2009

My Little Helper

Rudy loves to "help" around the house. By now, he's actually beginning to clue into our routines enough to actually come close to real help. Here he is doing one of his favorite house chores: clearing the table and putting dishes into the dishwasher.

I always get nervous when he carries unfinished food to the kitchen-its hit or miss as to whether it ends up on our poor carpet or in the sink where it belongs. He's getting better and better about understanding to hold things level, though, so that's good. :)



Loading his dishes into the dishwasher: most of the time I need to rearrange after he finds a spot for his things, but he gets the main idea.

Rudy usually "trades" his stuff in. This time its a plastic bowl for a metal garlic press-a great deal if you ask me! (I always have to scour the house for stashed dirty dishes before starting the dishwasher)

Shutting the door



Locking the door. (Too bad he's figured out this feature-I have to keep knives up high on the counter until I'm actually going to run the dishwasher now)

And he's off to the next adventure at a run (of course)!

1 comment:

Samantha said...

I love how "helpful" they are at this stage. Ella too likes to help. She was helping me put the clothes in the dryer yesterday, unfortunately she only wanted to put the dry ones in. Oh well, I hope it doesn't hurt the clothes to be dried twice!