Thursday, January 21, 2010

New Life


I stared into my first 'blood' niece's eyes yesterday. There's something a bit different when one of my own siblings becomes a parent, versus on of Jason's. I share a lifetime of history with my brother, and somehow seeing him holding his little daughter meant so much more to me.

Their baby came a little more than 3 weeks earlier than they expected her, but it seems to have more to do with the estimated due date than the actual maturity of the child. She's doing great, behaving like a babe that had plenty of time in her mommy's belly. What a blessing!

I'm so awed at the miracle of life. The progression of life. The beautiful gift we are given to have the chance to become parents, uncles, aunts, grandparents.

To Jake and Kirstyn: Welcome to parenthood. You are both beautiful parents already!

To Michaela: Welcome to the family, sweet pea. You are surrounded by a whole community of people who love you to pieces, and that's not a bad start at all. ;)

No comments: