When Rudy saw what I was doing, he got really concerned and flopped down onto the floor. "Rufus come back!" When I told him Rufus was in time out for a bit, Rudy put himself into timeout too. A few seconds later, he came back with the announcement, "I'm happy!" (That's our condition for coming out of time out.) I greeted him with the traditional hug, and while I was hugging him, Rudy said, "Rufus happy too! He come out now!" We talked a bit about how Rufus was still pawing at the door and whining and that means he's not happy. When Rufus did settle down about a minute later, we let him out and gave him his breakfast. Rudy talked to Rufus like I do to him about how he's glad he's happy and reminded him not to be naughty. Then he gave him a hug.
Cute little daddy in training. :)
2 comments:
Cute! Amy loves to put her dolls and stuffed animals into time out and then they apologize and give her a hug and kiss. I love it. It's amazing how they pick up things.
Our cat does that too. He gets really persistent about his food! The food is in the pantry, and if he keeps under foot, I open the pantry, he goes in, and I shut the door on him...until I'm ready! Michael always gets concerned too and says, "Mommy, Waldo's stuck...he wants out to eat!" I don't know if you can teach a cat to be more patient, but if you do, let me know how!!!
Post a Comment