Saturday, January 23, 2010

Snow Man!





At last, we had good snow man snow on a day we had time to do something about it! Rudy and I (but mostly I) crafted our glorious snow man with photo documentation plus nose and eyes being contributed by Jason.

Rudy was mostly content to just sit in the snow and watch as I rolled lopsided orbs all over the lawn. A couple of times he gave a ball a pat or push, but mostly just gave me a move by move rundown of what I was doing. ("Mommy's rolling snow! Mommy's making snow ball!) I tried to get him super stoked about the fact that we were creating our first ever real snowman together, but he just didn't see the significance of the moment.

Now, however, he is very proud of our bug eyed snow man. He looked out the window several times today to announce that there is a snow man in our yard, and that he and Mommy made it. And when we drove into the drive way after running errands this evening he added to his usual, "Rudy's House!" announcement, "there's my snowman!"

Ah, the joys of winter, decent health, and a bit of land to call our own.

No comments: