Friday, February 12, 2010

Rudy's First Sewing Project

Yesterday was a sewing day. We (I) sewed a hat for me, a hat for Rudy, 6 bean bags and a new, larger, apron for Rudy.

The bean bags were Rudy's idea, sorta. He was getting his first lesson on the sewing machine-learning the names of the parts and how to work the foot lever. Then I showed him how the machine can make zig zag lines and straight lines. He directed me to turn as we sewed across some scraps from our hat project. In the end, we had sewn something that looked a lot like a bean bag to me, so we cut it out and filled it with some black eyed peas I've had in my pantry FOREVER. Then we made five more just like it with the rest of our hat scraps. Fun times. :)

I can't believe it's only been six months since I made him this apron! He's growing SO FAST!!!

Rudy requested one 'spike' on his hat. This is what he got.

I decided on some floppy piggies for mine. :)

Rudy's first ever sewing project!

This is what happens when you invite a two year old to join in a craft with you... :)

1 comment:

Nancy said...

We were just flipping through blogs, looking at pictures of friends.

Rachel said, "Go back to the Rudy one!"

We miss you guys!

Also, I wish I could sew.